Bristol venues - we need your help
Bristol Beer Week was established in 2013 and was the first official event of its kind in the UK. We have grown steadily over the last four years despite extremely limited resources, and now hold a prominent position on the UK beer calendar. The fifth beer week takes place in October and we need your help to make it the best yet.
We have selected the best independent beer venues in Bristol that we know will put the most effort into hosting amazing events during Bristol Beer Week. Featured venues will be the main focus of our promotional drive before, during and after the week; carry on reading for a list of the benefits of being a featured venue.
What you get as a featured 'hub' venue
As one of seven hub venues, you will be prominently placed as one of the best places to drink beer in Bristol, during and after Bristol Beer Week. You will benefit from the following support from us:
- Logo on front page of our website for a year (14,000 unique visitors in last 15 months)
- A featured profile page linked from your logo (see example)
- 'Official BBW hub venue' window stickers and beer mats
- Priority access to the seven special BBW beers (where possible)
- Priority event listings on our website
- Priority event listings at Tikk and access to BBW ticket selling platform
- Priority event listings on our printed programme
- Exclusive stockists of our printed programme
- Regular focussed tweets to our 4,000 Twitter followers
- Inclusion on all press releases
- Option to place promotional materials in our information hub/exhibition on Christmas Steps
- Option to buy 'Official BBW hub venue' staff t-shirts at £5 each
The contribution for hub venues is £200 plus a commitment to a regular offer for BBW t-shirt wearers during the week. The money we raise helps us with the costs of running Bristol Beer Week and supporting the Bristol beer industry throughout the year; without it we will not be able carry on doing what we do best.
What we need from you
As a hub venue, you will be responsible for the main events of Bristol Beer Week. We need you to put on the best events that you can and promote them using your normal methods (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, flyers/posters, mailing list etc.). Our experience is that one or two focused events will be more successful than a number of events throughout the week; it is also best to avoid re-branding regular events to fit in with the week.
We need your event listing as soon as possible to allow enough time to get the event properly listed and promoted.